Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Stopping for Wisdom Teeth

Writing a blog is tedious.  I much prefer to write in a journal.  Guess I'm just old school.  I've read blogs that other people have posted and they are fun to read.  I don't have the talent for writing enjoyable reading material.

Sheighla has finally got all of her wisdom teeth removed.  Greg Davis, in his never-ending kindness, said he would do it for us.  He did it to help us in our financial situation.  He knows our needs.  It didn't turn out as he expected and the first trip was a ten-and-a-half hour marathon that was traumatic for everyone involved. Sheighla's face was swollen to the point that it didn't even look like her. It was that way for three days before it started to subside.  Yesterday Greg removed the last half of the last tooth.  That took two hours.  The teeth were very bony and impacted.  An oral surgeon would have charged us a fortune to have it done.  For the most part, we are all recovered.  Sheighla still has the normal healing and that will probably take about six months.  Now she just has some swelling from yesterday's procedure.

So what did we do last week?  Sheighla spent the first three days on the couch and, in sympathy, I watched movies and programs with her.  I was pretty much worthless as far as doing anything productive.  I wish I was able to conclude with something profound from the experience, but my cognitive powers are considerably lacking.

What IS exciting is the fact that Sheighla is one step closer to getting her missionary papers completed!


No comments:

Post a Comment