Friday, September 19, 2014

Sleep

This week I got hit with a bug.  It began on Tuesday and by that night I wasn't feeling very well.  Wednesday was worse.  I felt achy and fevered.  I took pain reliever for it but it didn't seem to do much for me.  That night I could not get comfortable no matter what I did.  My body ached and it was a fairly restless night.  Last night was a different story.  I took some flu medicine along with the ibuprofen and slept really well (in comparison to Wednesday night).  I woke up this morning, still sick, but feeling so happy to have had a good night's sleep.  I was grateful that I had no obligations to get me up and going early.  I could stay in bed as long as I wanted, so I didn't get up until after eight!

I love how sleep is so rejuvenating to the body and the spirit.  There never seems to be enough time in the day to accomplish all I would like to get done, and I look forward to a time when I won't need to sleep, but having a mortal body makes sleep necessary.  There are many health articles about the need for sleep and the effects that lack of sleep has on the body.  I certainly notice a difference on the nights I work.  I get up three to five times a night with Afton.  She is usually up for about twenty minutes at a time.  It makes the nights a little rough.  Then I am sluggish the following day.  I sure look forward to the rest of the week when I don't get up with her.

Now my challenge is going to bed at a proper time.  Why is that so hard?  It shouldn't be.  The focus should be on the enjoyment of sleep.  Even thinking about sleeping makes me happy.  Sleep is magical.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment