Monday, September 29, 2014

SOFT

Having been sick last week and having had trouble sleeping, my soft blankets and pillows felt particularly comfortable to me.  I love down blankets and pillows.  I love the softness of micro fleece anything.  Larry has given me a brown lap blanket and a white robe that are so soft and comfortable.  They make me happy when I wrap up in them to go to sleep. 

I started thinking about other things that are soft and how grateful I am for them.  I love soft water.  It is always a treat to shower with soft water.  Our water is hard so I always appreciate the opportunity to use soft water.  Mom has soft water and it is one of the reasons (of many) that I love going there.

My grandpa Botkin grew lots of flowers in his garden.  I remember how I would stroke the petals of the roses in his garden.  They were soft and had the most beautiful smell.  Roses always make me think of my grandma and grandpa.  There were always bouquets with roses in them in their house.  I would try to stroke the petals carefully so they wouldn't break off the flower.  They always seemed to be softer than other flowers.

Soft ice cream is a fun treat.  I love ice cream period.  But now and then the soft ice cream is nice to have.  Perhaps that is one reason I like frozen yogurt so much.  Right now I am really liking the yogurt from Aspen Leaf.  Larry treats me to one every now and then.   I always get vanilla.  It's my favorite.  Sometimes I put sprinkles of chopped Heath bars on top.   Larry likes to go on Tuesday because it is double punch day.  I think he gets a free one when his card is full.  And I can't forget the goodness of soft chewy cookies.  I like the crunchy kind, too, but mostly if I can dip them into a glass of cold milk.  That is pretty much the only way to eat Oreo cookies and really enjoy them.  Milk just goes so well with cookies, but the chewy ones can stand on their own.

I love the soft glow of firelight.  It is mesmerizing and hypnotic.  I really could sit and watch a flame from the firelight or a candle until it has died.  They are best in the dark, of course.  A soft fireplace fire in the winter is so comforting.  It is one of my happy thoughts.  And it is best when there is a soft snowfall outside.  I love watching big snowflakes fall from the sky and make a soft white blanket on everything outside.  I love the sound of a soft rainfall.  It makes a superb background noise for falling asleep (wrapped in my soft cozy blankets).

Pretty much anything soft is good.  Soft butter, soft avocado, etc.  There are many things I have not mentioned because I would be here all day writing a list.  But I do want to make mention of soft features and words.  Soft eyes are kind eyes.  Love and compassion emanate from them.  Soft features are inviting.  Evil does not live in softness.  Soft words are also kind and used with a soft voice are soothing and healing.  I would like to be known as a soft person.  I have much to change to reach my goal.  And in my world, soft rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment