Thursday, October 30, 2014

Is Anything More Precious?

I have been trying to decide what small thing I love and write about it.  But I just can't seem to get my grandchildren off my mind.  I recently spent some real quality time with Michael, Charlotte, and Hazel (not all at the same time).  Those days were precious to me because they were spent with such AWESOME little people!  My grandchildren are just the best. No contest. Period.

Being a grandparent is amazing.  I can just enjoy each grandchild for who they are and the joy they give without the stress of parenting responsibilities.  It is a joy that goes far beyond measuring.  And because almost all my grandchildren live so far from me (New York, Indiana, Texas, Nevada), each moment with them is VERY precious to me.  Tomorrow night I go to see my one grandchild that lives near me.  I smile every time I think of her.  I can hardly wait to see her!

Each stage is fun, but I love the infant stage so much because I can just hold them close and love them without them fussing about it.  That is heavenly.  And to my own children I say, "It takes becoming a parent for you to fully understand how much I love you.  It will take becoming a grandparent to realize how much I love your children."

And, to answer my question... NO.  There really is nothing more precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment